UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL...
A role has arisen within the Logistics Commodity Services Transformation (LCST) programme. This is for a Logistics Programme Manager to manage initially a number of supply chain infrastructure projects and programmes. These could vary from demolition of warehouses on Ministry of Defence sites, disposal of Ministry of Defence equipment and other storage and transportation projects.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
What You’ll Be Doing:
This role is part of a community of project, programme and portfolio managers (P3M) who will help to mentor and develop the individual. The role will provide direct support to the Associate Director Programme Management. The individual will:
- Lead on the scoping and execution of projects and programmes
- Create, update and collate baseline documentation (schedule, cost, deliverables)
- Create, update and collate Risk, Issue and Opportunity registers
- Liaise across functions such as finance, HR, Operations, IT and Commercial on project topics
Responsible for applying the following independently, in situations of limited complexity:
- Promoting the wider public good in all actions, acting in a morally, legally and socially appropriate manner in dealings with all stakeholders and members of project and/or programme and/or portfolio teams and the organisation
- Preparing and maintaining definitions of the requirements of projects and/or programmes and/or portfolios
- Determining the best means of satisfying requirements within the context of project and/or programme and/or portfolio objectives and constraints i.e. developing solutions
- Preparing and maintaining schedules for project and/or programme and/or portfolio activities and events, taking account of dependencies and resource requirements
- Developing, implementing and updating resource allocations plans (other than finance) needed for projects and/or programmes and/or portfolios, taking account of availabilities and scheduling
- Developing and agreeing budgets for projects and/or programmes and/or portfolios and controlling forecast and actual costs against them
- Identifying and monitoring project and/or programme and/or portfolio risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing responses to them and responding to other issues that affect projects and/or programmes and/or portfolios
- Managing stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests
- Establishing and managing reviews at appropriate points during and after projects and/or programmes and/or portfolios, which will inform their governance by providing evaluations of progress, methodologies and continuing relevance
- Establishing, and implementing where necessary, protocols to change the scope of projects and/or programmes and/or portfolios and updating configuration documents as required
What Does Leidos Need From Me?:
- A strong track record in project and/or programme execution is essential
- Defence and/or logistics is preferred
- Project delivery with a large programme would be beneficial
- APM Project Management Qualification / APM Associate Member
Location: There is flexibility around remote working with 20% travel to customer locations such as MoD Bicester, Donnington and other MoD sites
Hours: This role is full time (40 hours)
- Clearance to Start SC
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.