Are you ready to make an impact?
A role has arisen within the Logistics Commodity Services Transformation (LCST) programme. This is for a Junior/Graduate Project Manager on a fixed term contract from January 2022 to September 2022. If the individual is successful in this period the intent would be to make this role permanent from September 2022. The programme is one of the largest defence programmes with the Ministry of Defence.
Are you ready for your next career challenge? (2nd Impact Statement– inter
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
What You’ll Be Doing:
This role is part of a community of project, programme and portfolio managers (P3M) who will help to mentor and develop the individual. The role will provide direct support to the Associate Director Programme Management. The individual will:
- Support to the governance and meeting cadence.
- Create, update and collate MS Project plans (training and mentoring will be provided)
- Create, update and collate Risk, Issue and Opportunity registers
- Track management actions
- Liaise across functions such as finance, HR, operations, IT and commercial on project topics
- Responsible for applying the following under supervision, in non-complex situations:
- Promoting the wider public good in all actions, acting in a morally, legally and socially appropriate manner in dealings with all stakeholders and members of project and/or programme and/or portfolio teams and the organisation
- Preparing and maintaining schedules for project and/or programme and/or portfolio activities and events, taking account of dependencies and resource requirements
- The right attitude and interpersonal skills will be as important as qualifications due to the nature of project management
- This role would suit someone with a business related degree although a degree is not essential
Duration: Fixed term contract from January 2022 to September 2022.
Location: There is flexibility around remote working, with potentially 1-2 days a week in the Emerson’s Green, Bristol office
Hours: This role is full time (40 hours), however, flexible working hours including the option to reduce the number of hours per week to 28 (3.5 days per week) is an option for the right candidate
- Clearance to Start SC
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.