Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?...
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Emerging Capabilities team, supporting key data centric programmes and opportunities aligned to our Data Science and Engineering technical core competencies.
As a Data Engineer, you will work alongside our Programme Teams, Business Development Teams and Solution Architects you will also help to provide solutions for strategic customers’, supporting business outcomes for critical national industries. Candidate must be eligible to undergo DV clearance.
You will focus on the use of modern technologies with a cloud focus across a wide range of industries, leaning towards government organisations and national security agencies.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
As a Data Engineer, you will require the following skills and experience:
- Provide data architecture skills and produce solution designs as part of the bid process
- Work with delivery teams to design and implement modern, scalable data products using a range of new and emerging technologies
- Lead on all data solution aspects including setting data standards and providing your deep technical expertise to Leidos programme teams
- Utilise the concepts and principles of data modelling and produce relevant data models across multiple subject areas
- Collaborate with customers on all aspects of data management including the assurance and integration of data services to meet the needs of multiple lines of business
- Recognise and exploit business opportunity by leveraging data architecture and design best practice
- Communicate effectively across organisational, technical and political boundaries, understanding the context
- Previous experience as a Data Architect or a background in Data Management
- Data Modelling and Database Design
- Data Platform Modernisation
- Cloud Data Services eg. AWS, Azure or GCP
- Data Warehousing & Business Intelligence
- Data Migration
- Metadata Management
- Stakeholder Management & Data Governance
- Pre-sales content contribution and pricing for new business pursuits
- £56.300 - £71,750 p/a, with potential to increase for truly exceptional performance at assessment
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.