Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
We are looking for an individual with experience in Capture / Pursuit Management who thrives on working in an active, fast-paced environment to challenging deadlines. You must be self-motivated and able to work to tough deadlines, managing competing stakeholder demands.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
You will be responsible for winning small to medium size business opportunities <£30m, provide leadership of the capture team with oversight from the Bid Hub Lead and mentored by Senior Capture Managers.
- Coordination of key capture milestones ensuring alignment to the WinPlan
- Working with both the bid manager and business development lead to build Client relationships and support Client engagements, help understand the Client’s issues, concerns and hot buttons
- Supporting the Bid Manager with client portal management
- Build and lead a core bid team that brings relevant expertise and capabilities and actively navigate them to achieve bid milestones within budget and schedule
- Lead regular drumbeat meetings to ensure the capture continues to move forward
- Drafting of gate and governance packs
- Assemble an industry team that compliments Leidos capabilities to both win the opportunity and ensure execution of the program
- Develop the business case for continuing to pursue and bidding for the opportunity including bid budget
- Lead internal stakeholder management and keep the senior leadership teams informed and engaged including timely escalation of issues needing resolution
- Deputise for other Capture Managers where required
- Competitor and customer research in support of P2W or the opportunity you are assigned to.
- Lead the development of winning strategies that differentiate us , are competitively focused and are compelling to the client and their requirements, as well as satisfy internal business objectives and risk posture
- Lead any post-submission activities and support the program team as required.
What Sets You Apart:
- Have a proven track record working as a capture manager/capture coordinator in UK public of up to £20m TCV
- Be capable of developing and maintaining senior stakeholder relationships internally and with Customers and industry partners
- UK SC security clearance as a minimum
- Leadership, management, and communication skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Sound commercial acumen and ability to build a compelling business case
- Ability to manage to a challenging deadline
- Ability to travel/ be deployed across the UK for several months at a time
- Familiarity with O365 and its associated applications
You Might Also Have:
- Previous experience of the bid teams working across multiple sites
- Project management skills including ability to schedule and effectively time manage
- Detailed knowledge, experience and sales experience - in one of the following sectors: Defence; National Security; Emergency Services; Devolved Government
- Clearance to Start SC
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
This is a Remote - work from home opportunity.