Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
We are in search of a Commercial Contracts Manager to join our team who will provide commercial support and advice to both team members and other stakeholders through the letting and management of contracts.
Ensuring that the necessary professional standards are maintained for all commercial work and further the aim of achieving the most cost-effective procurement of requirements and deliver the benefits required by Team Leidos under Logistic Commodities and Services Transformation (LCST), following transfer from MoD in August 2015.
This role is a fixed term contract until the end of April 2023.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- To ensure that all commercial activity within your area of responsibility is performed to the highest standards, conforms to EU Procurement Regulations and Leidos Policies and Procedures and is monitored to ensure continuous improvement with the overall aim of obtaining best value for money
- To proactively participate in development and implementation of Category Strategies to ensure these fully satisfy LSL requirements
- To contribute to development of coherent LSL/CSS business strategies and ensure effective implementation in order to meet Leidos business objectives while taking account of implications across the business
- To draft and issue ITTs/ITNs, contracts etc and manage the associated procurement process up to and beyond contract award
- To negotiate contract terms, conditions and prices within delegated/licensed powers for Procurement activity with a view to delivering against the Benefits Realisation Plan
- Maintain professional standards and provide commercial support and advice to staff, stakeholders and customers
- To effectively manage the contracts within your responsibility by building strong working relationships with both contractor, customer and colleagues where necessary
- To assist in setting targets and objectives for LSL and to support and monitor achievement against these
- Ensure Commercial MI is accurate and up to date and submitted on time.
- To actively contribute to the development of LSL tools, processes and procedures, thereby supporting Team Leidos Transformation
- Continuing Professional and Personal Development to ensure currency with EU and Commercial Procurement practices and Regulations and maximise contribution to the business
- Manage self (and staff if appropriate) iaw Leidos HR policies
- Mentor junior staff within LSL to facilitate their personal and professional development
What Does Leidos Need From Me?:
- Contribute to a positive and highly effective work environment for the commercial team and the wider project team
- Contracts let in accordance with EU and UK procurement regulations – no incidences of legal claims or disputes
- Effective contract management – obligations met on time and within budget.
- Contract letting plan targets met
- Agreed savings delivered or exceeded against contracts
- Personal development and continuous improvement to meet personal and corporate training and development targets
- Legacy contracts managed iaw Managing Agent Terms
- 100% compliance with Leidos policies and procedures
Location: This opportunity is based in Bristol, UK. If you live further afield and would be comfortable with a hybrid model of working from home, with attendance at the Bristol offices once or twice each week, then we would really like to hear from you!
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.