Salary Range: £43,500 - £55,500 p/a, with potential to increase for truly exceptional performance at assessment
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Management Office (PMO) professional to join our team. Based from our Whiteley office (UK) the individual will provide direct support to the Programme Manager and leadership team to successfully deliver a developmental programme to our customer NATS. This position is a full time, permanent role, and applicants must have (or be able to acquire) a security clearance.
Leidos heritage companies pioneered the development of modern air traffic control systems in the United States more than 50 years ago. Today our systems handle 75 per cent of the air traffic in the U.S. and approximately 60 per cent of the world’s air traffic. When it comes to air traffic safety and efficiency, Leidos’s proven track record and industry-leading innovations make it the world’s most trusted air traffic control partner. In the U.K., Leidos has supported NATS since the early 1990s, starting with the development of the current en-route air traffic system, migration and ongoing development and support.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Role You Will Play:
- The PMO will provide direct support to the Programme Manager and leadership team working across both Leidos and NATS teams. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Ensure Programme Best Practice is applied across the programme
- Work closely across the programme leadership team to help the management of Risks, Issues and Opportunities and related governance
- Tracking and management of dependencies across the programme
- Provide Earned Value Management tracking and reporting
- Responsible for developing reporting and metrics
- Responsible for collation and reporting of labour baseline to ensure the correct levels of staffing are in place for project execution
- Engage with the customer PMO team to maintain strong governance
- Facilitate programme review meetings and drive accountability of action closer across the leadership team
- Development of monthly accruals and reporting
What Does Leidos Need From Me?:
- The ideal candidate must have knowledge of working within a project environment in a support capacity. The individual must have strong project/programme governance experience and the ability to build relationships with others. The candidate must have the ability to hold people accountable to actions and deadlines as well as have good attention to detail.
- Proven track record in supporting large complex programme’s
- Good interpersonal skills and judgement for dealing with both internal and external stakeholders to develop strong working relations to support achieving objectives
- Ability to engage effectively within a multi-functional programme team comprising both customer, supplier and Leidos staff
- Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of business, finance and personnel management techniques
- Sound understanding of the use of excel and PowerPoint
You Might Also Have:
- Air Traffic Management knowledge would be advantageous
- Experience of operating within/leading a Project Management Office
- Clearance to Start SC
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
If you are interested in applying for this role please click the APPLY button.