Are you ready for your next career challenge?
Leidos Europe Ltd is seeking a Service Desk Analyst to work in the Service Desk team within the Logistics Commodities Services Transformation (LCST) programme. Team Leidos is honoured to support the UK MOD’s Logistic Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) programme, a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain
Are you ready to make an impact?
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Your Role and Responsibilities :
Responsible for providing first line technical assistance to customers, relating to both company-supported and military specification computer applications and platforms. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problems, and determines and implements solutions. Ensures that customers are satisfied with the response and that it meets their quality expectations.
- Provide first line customer support in response to incidents and requests
- Support includes technical assistance for issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware to include company-supported and military specification computer applications and platforms
- Effective time management, capable of prioritising work at short notice with little or no additional support and working unsupervised
- The identification and monitoring of conflicts in priorities, and proposals for resolution, for discussion with the Leidos Service
- Continuous identification and monitoring of support workload, to ensure application and hosted environments are supported in a timely and effective manner, in accordance with business priorities
- Proactive administration for each of Team Leidos environments to ensure optimum performance, reliability and security
- Maintain a professional relationship with all Team Leidos business partners and other core service providers
- There will be out of normal office hours working, and travel to other offices, from time to time
- Regular and accurate maintenance of ticket progress information on an internal service desk system, this includes updating every ticket assigned to you on a daily basis to ensure all users receive high level of IT support.
- Peer review and ensure own work is peer reviewed as appropriate
- Carry out such other duties and take on additional responsibilities as may be agreed from time to time
- Respond to interactions either in person, over the phone, via e-mail, and/or through formal ticketing systems
- Where the customer issue extends beyond first line support remit, correctly categorize and route the interaction to the appropriate second line resolver team, both inside and outside the company
- Write end-user training manuals, guides, and FAQ documents.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems
- Install, modify, and repair Windows-based desktop and laptop computer hardware and software
- Work with hardware and software vendors to resolve end-user problems
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems
- Able to diagnose and resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems
- Install computer peripherals for end-users
- Use available knowledge base to answer problems and questions
- Follow standard service desk procedures
- Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related discipline
- Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment
- Experience with IT service management tools or a similar ticket system a plus
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices
- Related experience and training in troubleshooting
You Might Also Have:
- Knowledge of ITIL service management methodology is advantageous
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role BPSS
- You must be eligible for a Baseline Security Clearance
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.