Salary: £57,600.00 - £84,000 - with potential to increase on performance
UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
As a Software Architect you will join our rapidly growing software development community. This team are at the center of driving innovative solutions and proposing new software development practices for our company. The successful candidate will be working across multiple digital transformation programmes, including the transformation of the UK’s platforms for one of our key customers. This is a fully remote role but the candidate may be expected to make client visit on an ad-hoc basis.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. https://www.leidos.com/company/global/uk-europe
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- Leverage your extensive software engineering experience to architect software systems in proposals and/or programme deliveries
- Work with Solution, Cloud and Cyber Architects to build complete software and cloud solutions for complex problems of national significance
- Define software architectures through collaborative approaches and technically lead the implementation with delivery teams.
- Work with a wide range of senior engineers in the UK and US to build best of breed safety and security critical solutions.
- Have direct collaboration with leading technology suppliers, e.g. AWS, Google, Microsoft, Atlassian, Hashicorp.
WHAT SETS YOU APART:
- Have significant hands on experience of developing full stack code in Java and/or .Net, including development of microservice-based applications.
- Broad experience architecting software solutions using DevOps toolsets including (but not limited to) the Atlassian toolset, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes and open source tools.
- Have demonstrable experience in hosting software in AWS and/or Azure Cloud. Good knowledge of hybrid and cloud native architectures
- Experience operating in Agile (Scrum, SAFe) environments.
- Possess a strong security and data privacy-oriented mindset, aware of secure coding techniques and best practice.
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE:
- Hold a developer or architect certification in AWS or Azure
- Experience in development of Digital Products in a government organisation – familiarity with Government Digital Services (GDS).
- Excellent customer facing skills, both written and verbal
- You may already hold Security Clearance (Bonus!)
Clearance to Start SC
Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.