UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
You will be working to develop proposals (AWS, Azure, private Cloud and Hybrid Cloud) and associated end-user devices in a team of architects, engineers and experts across a number of technical capabilities and areas of expertise.
- Be inclusive- as an architect, you are a leader- encourage people to speak freely, create an environment of safety, listen to people, be an advocate for change and innovation;
- Architecture experience – ability to work within a complex programme focussing on your area of responsibility but ensuring to keep the big picture in mind by building relationships within and outside the programme
- High Level and Detailed technical design (HLD, LLD) of a complex solution encompassing multiple technologies and areas of expertise;
Delivery of outcomes with appreciation of quality, time and cost :
-Quality: Commitment, integrity and collaboration: Compliance to engineering guidelines and best practices.Embody those principles as architect on a delivery stream for the project in delivery within own area of responsibility;
Time: Co-ordinate delivery of the solution / platform focused on timely outcomes;
-Cost:Be agile, be innovative and collaborative in your approach to finding the best way forward when things change.
-Development of less experienced team members – daily check in with those you work with, ensure you are aligned, share goals and success!
- Contribution to Leidos capability model through engagement with centres of Excellence and internal development initiatives
WHAT SETS YOU APART:
- Provide overarching architectural guidance,
- Technical (Cloud) Design (AWS and Azure)
- AWS native services –IaaS and PaaS
- Delivery and automation skills: Terraform / Ansible;
- Azure: enterprise single sign on, Azure AD integration / Auth integration models;
- Experience of Linux scripting
- Hashicorp Vault
- Architecting for green field or migration / transformation including using native services alongside legacy and third party elements.
- Hybrid experience
- Experience of traditional infra
- VMware, Windows, Linux
- Understanding of Cisco and Palo
- Data centre (storage, compute, virtualisation and
- End user environments (VMware, inc. Horizon, Citrix, RDS, etc - AWS workspaces
- Concepts of Zero Trust
- Appreciation of agile and DevOps concepts.
- Bid experience in public sector / defence an advantage and
Ability to working under pressure in large multi discipline teams to tight schedules
YOU WILL ALSO HAVE USED:
- Experience of networking technologies (Cisco, F5, Palo Alto)
- Security Management
Clearance to Start SC
Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.