Level : P2
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are looking for a Procurement Manager to join Leidos Supply Ltd. You will ensure that all electronic tendering activity is completed efficiently and compliantly, maximising functionality and benefits of the eProcurement system, and provides support and advice to other LSL team members and key stakeholders related to tender structure, process and compliance with all relevant regulations, including EU Regulations (Public Contract Regulations 2015).
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Ensuring that professional standards are maintained for all tendering activity and that the efficiency and compliance benefits of the chosen eProcurement system are fully realised, whilst driving best practice and innovative tendering approaches in order to deliver fully compliant tender outcomes which meet or exceed savings targets.
Facilitating the aim of achieving the most cost-effective procurement of requirements and delivery of the benefits required by Team Leidos under Logistic Commodities and Services (Transformation), following transfer from MoD in August 2015.The post holder is a member of LSL and will provide tendering expertise across all Commodity.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- To ensure that all tendering activity for LSL is performed to the highest standards, conforms to PCR2015 regulations and Leidos Policies and Procedures, maximises the full benefits of the eProcurement system, and is monitored to ensure continuous improvement with the overall aim of obtaining fully compliant outcomes against agreed Category Strategies
- To proactively participate with the CSS Commercial, Category and Commodity teams to develop Category (tender) strategies and ensure these fully satisfy compliant requirements for tendering
- To work with the LSL Commercial team to support their drafting of tender documents and then manage the associated tendering process using the chosen eProcurement system up to Contract Award, including placing tender notices, running the full tender process, and facilitating a compliant evaluation and Contract Award
- Manage direct reports and prioritise to ensure that key deadlines are agreed in order to support delivery in line with agreed tender issue and award dates
- Support LSL Commercial in agreeing appropriate and compliant terms and conditions for all tenders, based on the approved master set
- Work with PGD to evolve terms and conditions where required, ensuring version control and compliance is retained and that all stakeholders approve any changes, liaising with LSL Legal Counsel as appropriate
- Lead Contract Approval Board (CAB) at stage 2 (tender documents).
- Support CAB at stage 1 (Category Strategy)
- Support CAB at stage 3 (Contract Award)
- Undertake eProcurement system and team administration as required.
- Maintain professional standards and provide expert tendering advice as well as legal/compliance support and advice to other CSS staff, stakeholders and customers
- To effectively manage the tender activity within your responsibility by building strong working relationships with both contractor, customer and colleagues where necessary
- To assist in setting targets and objectives for LSL and to support and monitor achievement against these
- Ensure appropriate MI is accurate, up to date, and submitted on time
- To actively contribute to the development of LSL tools, processes and procedures, thereby supporting Team Leidos Transformation
- Continuing Professional and Personal Development to ensure compliance with EU and Commercial Procurement practices and Regulations and maximise contribution to the business
- Line management of 1 or 2 direct reports
- Mentor junior staff within LSL to facilitate their personal and professional development
- Procurement and tender management experience
- In depth knowledge of EU Regulations
- Detailed knowledge of eProcurement systems and/or ability to learn (leverage maximum benefit)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Ability to work as a member of a small team
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Advanced stakeholder management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to prioritise and work flexibly
- CIPS Level 4 or above, public sector tendering knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of MoD procurement processes
- Process development and continuous improvement skills
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role BPSS
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Pay Range:Pay Range £26,000.00 - £32,500.00 - £39,000.00