Who is Leidos?
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, science and solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets.
What are Leidos looking for?
Leidos Innovations UK is seeking a talented individual within the NS&D Division to support the UK Intelligence Campaign. The successful candidate will support the business in perusing a number of customer engagement opportunities and internal activities.
The successful candidate will have experience of working within the National Security (Home Office, UKIC, Policing, NCA), and/or Defence (Defence Intelligence, Offence Cyber, Defence Digital) sectors.
What is the role?
Leidos are seeking a Programme Management Processional (PM), with hands on experience of managing projects with the industry, with proven ability to prioritise work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs. The successful candidates should be comfortable working with and leading Leidos only engagements and ‘stripy’ teams, being made up from partners, suppliers and possibly staff from the client organisations.
The successful candidate should have the following skills:
• Excellent relationship-building, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills at all levels of both internal and client organisations
• Responsible for managing deliverables across multiple technical projects at any one time
• Risk assessment of projects and collating work effort for any out of scope projects
• Well versed in communicating risk management and mitigation measures
• Ability to articulate risks and manage expectations accordingly
• Ability to handle, manage and communicate complex work and interdependencies
• Experience of working closely with project, operations, technical and delivery teams
• Certified Prince 2 Project Manager or similar qualification
• Balancing internal stakeholder inputs against the scope
• Prioritise tasks for other teams based on project delivery
• Be the first point of contact for assessing project inputs or delays
• Financial management: tracking budgets and managing financial processes –working to cost
The successful candidate will be expected to have a customer centric mind set, but take an active interest in developing an understanding of wider capabilities across the organisation, which would enable reach back from the customer community where beneficial to the client.
The role will be a ‘homeworking’, but may require extended periods on customer site or Leidos offices depending on engagement / business need. Local arrangements can be agreed with the portfolio director or delegate.
Candidates need to hold current UKIC DV.
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are passionate about customer success, united as a team and inspired to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance, and offering competitive employment packages, including:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
• Dynamic Working
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.