UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Are you an Infrastructure Engineer interested in new technology and trends with a strong track record in Infrastructure Support and Deployment? Would you like to be part of a growing Operational Support team?
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
The preferred candidate will be responsible for the maintenance and support of the MS/Wintel based infrastructure, including Citrix Xenapp, across 6 sites in the UK. This includes Active Directory management, Group Policy creation and management, Deploying server updates and patches, Updating published applications, DNS management, Anti-Virus management and updates, Developing endpoint builds using MECM (SCCM) and deploying them. You will also be the SME for 2 front end applications, one hosted on IBM Desktop hardware and the other integrated and hosted on a 3rd party managed desktop solution.
The role will provide technical exposure variance across both outcomes based project activities and Operational (Business as Usual) support activities. There is also a requirement to provide out of hours on call support within a shared service. There is an expectation of office attendance 2 to 3 times per week and requirement for occasional customer site visits within reasonable commuting distances.
Your passions and experience will help you become a technical specialist and process owner with our Operations Support services including service improvement and add further value to our service offerings. You will be expected to contribute towards the creation and ongoing maintenance of technical documentation and provide material to support the Project work or the Operational Support service.
We are looking for someone with a passion for infrastructure, ideally from an Operational Support services background. You will be self-motivated and be able to work autonomously to achieve day to day objectives with significant results on project or operational deliverables. Whilst also owning a variety of activities ensuring compliance with project milestones and customer KPI’s and SLA’s. You must be an effective communicator, comfortable directly engaging with customers and colleagues. You must also demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to technical challenges.
Ideally, you will:
· Have excellent knowledge of Windows Server Environments, from Server 2003 – 2019, including OS build, AD, DNS, DHCP and GP from design to implementation and support;
· Have excellent knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems including Windows XP, 7 and 10.
· Have good general knowledge of Networking Technologies including load balancing and firewalls;
· Have good general knowledge of Microsoft Stack technologies such as MS SQL, MS System Centre, Office365, MS Exchange & CLI tooling such as PowerShell;
· Have excellent analysis and problem solving skills, taking ownership of complex incidents ensuring these are resolved to the satisfaction of the customer;
· Possess excellent communication skills;
· Have experience of producing and updating technical documentation to a high standard;
· Be experienced working within ITIL framework particularly around change control.
Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
· Contributory Pension Scheme
· Private Medical Insurance
· 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
· Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.