Salary Range: £40,800 - £52,050 p/a, with potential to increase for truly exceptional performance at assessment
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
We are in search of a Business Analyst who will analyse complex business problems to be solved with processes and applications across our customer and operating portfolio. You will manage and support work empowering organisations to establish, and deliver, their vision and value, by joining a capability which offers extensive business analytics experience, business strategic and operations planning capability, change acculturalisation expertise and business transformation knowledge.
The prime location for the role is Scotland, focusing on Edinburgh/Glasgow area, although work location in this zone is flexible. Mobility and willingness to travel, on an ad-hoc basis, to 200+ mile distances is essential.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- Work as part of UK Office of Technology community to further Leidos capabilities and assist in informing and refining our solution portfolio for the benefit of our customers and the wider business
- Establish a baseline understandings of a businesses, its architectural components and its operating procedures
- Define target operating models and their components
- Define and design asset management/stewardship processes (e.g. ITAM, SAM, HAM as physical asset management)
- Lead inspections of Business Architectures with analysis of current and planned future operating models, operating frameworks and business models
- Identify stakeholders and analyse their perspectives and needs
- Elicit, analyse, define and document business requirements
- Undertake large and complex data analytical activity as well as help to form data management strategies
- Assist in establishing strategic vision and strategic journeys of businesses
- Work closely with the Product Owner to understand the business drivers and desired outcomes, and ensure proposed solutions and prototypes are produced in line with these
- Work with our business development teams to feed your expertise and experience into winning proposals which you then see through to successful delivery
- Help to translate the designs into stories for the developers.
- Support UAT for IS projects, by helping to define test scenarios and assisting management of testing and training
- Help recommend and design modelling and testing approaches / methodologies
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives
- Execute Operational Planning and Operations Management consultative deployments
- Evaluate, analyse and support business change impacts.
- Manage small-scale projects by defining requirements, determining deliverables, organising resources and planning and managing delivery
- As the role will be nestled within the UK Office of Technology unit that supports the entire portfolio of services and products in the UK, new members are required to have a basic competency and understanding of architecture disciplines and tools
Key Skills Required:
- Knowledge of human/user-centered design frameworks and processes within web and mobile product development
- Ability to identify and present actionable research insights to business stakeholders
- Requirements Elicitation, the ability to work with Subject Matter Experts to capture business requirements alongside an Agile system development project
- Experience of working in multiple work streams in complex Agile environments
- Experience of running requirement elicitation workshops and generating user story documentation
- The ability to work collaboratively with internal teams to shape user stories and acceptance criteria
- Proposal Generation
- The ability to facilitate effective process design workshops to define detailed, complete and agreed processes
- The ability to identify significant gaps between as is and to be processes and business architectures and understand the steps required to move to the target state
- Extensive experience of producing personas, journey maps, user stories and pain point analysis
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Business process modelling (with ability to use a conventional modelling notation, e.g. UML)
- Requirements elicitation
- Gap analysis and associated techniques
- Requirements analysis
- Requirements modelling and documentation
- High standards of communication (written and verbal)
- Proficiency in MS Visio and strong skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Self-starting, enthusiastic, keenness to learn, develop and contribute to the success of the programme
Desired Skills :
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow or Green belt
- Agile Scrum Master
- APM PFQ or PMQ
- ITIL 4 Foundation
- Statistical systems such as Origin, Matlab
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture
- Working with large-scale and complex integration programmes
- Working with 3rd party suppliers
- Good time management and organisational skills – ability to work with minimal supervision
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role BPSS
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.