Senior Cyber Security
Salary Range: £65,000 - £73,000 p/a, with potential to increase for truly exceptional performance at assessment
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
We require an experienced information assurance / cyber security lead for support to our customer projects within Civil and National Security Defence and Intelligence groups in the UK. We are looking for individuals who join a high-performing team and work confidently to make excellent security happen quietly for our customers with high assurance and no fuss. Simple, effective security that our customers value.
The role will support work that produces robust and efficiently managed assurance solutions for our customers’ sensitive programmes. The roles require a high degree of third-party and customer liaison, and will establish, then support in ongoing growth. You must demonstrate prior experience of this. The varied responsibilities will bring some diversity in what is required day-to-day and with flexible operating parameters to maintain service in an agile environment, will require good scheduling and scheduling prioritization skills.
The successful candidate will be expected to develop further information assurance opportunities as our customer base and each of the projects we deliver continue to expand, including the use of common tooling that will facilitate the tracking and reporting of assurance actions. We are also developing NIST-based risk assessment methodology and tooling that is raising our quality and customer confidence, you will be part of these developments.
This role will be responsible to the cyber lead for project outcomes and will probably work with a cyber SME for solving operational issues. There may be some line management responsibilities and you will be expected to help with career planning and personal development for developing team members. The ideal candidate will support the wider Leidos security capability, beyond Information Assurance, joining a talented and multi-faceted cyber team with a reach across our UK business delivering on our customer
The prime location for the role is Whiteley, although work location in this zone is flexible. Mobility and willingness to travel, on an ad-hoc basis, to 200+ mile distances is essential.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Essential Process Skills/Experience
• Experience of the IT systems engineering lifecycle
• Understanding of the controlling processes for the systems engineering lifecycle (e.g. requirements management, configuration management, testing and assurance) and where cyber assurance fits in to these
• Understanding of different lifecycles/methodologies (waterfall, incremental, agile, DevOps)
• Solid understanding of Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability (CIA) and practical experience in applying that understanding in management of risk and response to events and changes including concise reporting
• Experience of processes involved in gaining and maintaining accreditation for secure/sensitive systems using structured Risk analysis and treatment approaches
• Experience of process involved in gaining and maintaining certification for information security management systems, e.g. ISO27001
• Experience in tracing through and evaluating responses to security requirements for a system
• Experience in maintaining elements of security documentation sets (SyOps, RMADs, Security Management Plans, ISMS elements)
• Experience working in both delivery and proposal environments
• Experience working in CNI, MOD or Home Office project environments
• Understanding of principles of network and boundary protection technologies (firewalls, mail gateways, load balancers, anti-virus, IPS, IDS
• Understanding of Protective Monitoring systems (SIEM/SOC) and the principles of their deployment.
• Understanding of authentication and authorisation technologies (SAML, LDAP, PKI, etc.)
• Understanding of encryption and protocols and structures in support of deployment, e.g. custodian.
• Understanding of purpose and effectiveness of penetration tests or IT Health Checks, experience of scoping and coordinating these would be advantageous.
• CISSP, CISA, CISM, IS27001 Auditor or other similar certifications are an advantage.
Communication and Soft Skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and works well in a team environment;
• Capable of developing and communicating reports to meet defined objectives for intended audience;
• A good level of commercial awareness and project disciplines
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.