Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of a System Analyst Engineer who will work within the IS Operations team. The role will sit alongside system analysts and engineers, troubleshooting third line issues with Applications/Servers/Networks. The role will look to continuously improve the current service, automate current processes, fix or develop solutions to problems.
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, the Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is a unique and growing systems and service integrator, delivering innovative solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and change in frontline digital services. In response to the demands of the growing business Leidos requires a System Analyst Engineer to support the pre-sales, bid and ultimately delivery phases for Devolved Government, UK Government, Energy & Transport focused Digital modernisation programmes.
- Providing reports to the business using a combination of Oracle database and Cognos reporting framework
- Operating as part of our third line support team to triage issues and either resolve or work with Developers on a path to resolution
- Available to respond and provide technical support after-hours, weekends and holidays
- Liaising extensively with external or internal customers
- Identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability
- Presenting to stakeholders regarding performance and processes
- Working closely with colleagues, developers, testers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Supporting users on change control and system updates
- Providing training and user manuals for the current solution
- Flexible to take on additional infrastructure and technical responsibilities as deemed necessary
- Releasing software into production in accordance with current release processes
WHAT SETS YOU APART:
- Excellent communication skills
- SQL (ideally Oracle) query writing skills to interrogate databases
- Experience as a Systems/Technical Analyst who has been directly involved with the design and implementation of business systems
- 2nd + 3rd level support for capability against multiple Applications and Operating Systems
- Working understanding of maintenance on both Linux and windows based operating systems
- Strong technical aptitude
- Methodical and logical problem solver for resolving complex problems, determining improvement opportunities and implementing resolutions
- Self-starter / self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Fast learner and detail-oriented with high degree of accuracy
- Organised and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Effectively manages time to meet deadlines amidst periodic interruptions.
- Good stakeholder management, technical execution and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - expect to liaise closely with others and write documentation
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE:
- Experience working in restricted or complicated environments, ideally working within the MOD RLI.
- Understanding of Logistics and supply chain management working with Enterprise resource planning applications
- Working knowledge of ITIL framework and Experience of working in an agile environment
- Previous experience working with supplier onboarding
- Experience with any of the following systems/technologies:
- Forgerock Identity Management
- IBM Sterling Commerce
- IBM MQ
- IBM WebSphere
- ETL/EDI integrations
- XSLT translation applications/working knowledge of XSL/XML
- Sage X3
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.