Responsible for Site installation of electrical equipment to industry standards. Ability to follow instructions and undertake tasks with minimal supervision. Periods of travel are required away from home in the UK and Overseas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Ability to read and understand electrical drawings
- Installation of cable containment and wiring systems
- Understanding of control panel wiring to undertake modifications to control cabinets
- Fault finding of electrical circuits
- Capability to carry out testing procedures on control systems
- Effective time management, field-based sites require travel and periods of time away from home. Must be willing to undertake this commitment
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to understand tasks allocated and to work with project team and Clients to deliver projects to timing plans.
- Role involves working with the site installation team to deliver projects to timing plans.
- Periods of working with other departments in the business to achieve delivery of the departmental requirements.
Cross Functional Working
- Continually build relationships with internal stakeholders to achieve the successful completion of projects
- Adapt to roles within other departments to facilitate delivery of projects
Health & Safety
- Always follow and promote Group and Company policies and procedures
- Ensure all Company equipment and personal PPE is correctly used and maintained.
- Fully Understand and always adhere to the Company’s Equality Policy at all times
- All employees must conduct themselves in accordance with our Corporate Company Values and Business Ethics at all times
Skills & Attributes
- Good communication skills, Customer facing skills, ability to work on own, confidence to make decisions to overcome issues
- Proven experience of Site Installation
- Previous experience in a similar working environment
- Experience of working with other trades / teams to ensure project deliveries.
- Wide ranging technical background
- Previous experience in all or some of the following areas: Automation
- Automotive manufacturing
- Aerospace manufacturing
- Mechanical/material handling
- Conveyor systems
- Control systems
- Electrical power systems
- Successfully completed NVQ3 diploma in electrical engineering.
- Fully qualified electrician
- Qualified in 18th edition electrical regulations
- ECS Gold card holder
- Electronics qualification
- Computer training qualification
- Electrical inspecting and testing qualification