Location(s): Mobile / Remot
Salary: £32,000 - £39,000 with potential to increase for truly exceptional performance at assessment
Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
The preferred candidate will demonstrate effective application of Infrastructure & Cloud expertise and extensive knowledge across a variety of technologies such as Microsoft Azure Cloud Platforms, Microsoft Windows Server Environments, Virtualized Environments, Microsoft Stack Technologies, Networking Technologies and Data Storage Technologies.
The role will provide technical exposure variance across both outcomes based project activities and Operational (Business as Usual) support activities. There is also a requirement to provide out of hours on call support within a shared service.
Your passions and experience will help you become a technical specialist and process owner with our Operations Support services including service improvement and add further value to our service offerings. You will be expected to contribute towards the creation and ongoing maintenance of technical documentation and provide material to support the Project work or the Operational Support service.
Who do we need?
We are looking for someone with a passion for infrastructure, ideally from an Operational Support services background. You will be self-motivated and be able to work autonomously to achieve day to day objectives with significant results on project or operational deliverables. Whilst also owning a variety of activities ensuring compliance with project milestones and customer KPI’s and SLA’s. You must be an effective communicator, comfortable directly engaging with customers and colleagues. You must also demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to technical challenges.
Ideally, you will:
• Have excellent knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure;
• Have excellent knowledge of Virtualized Environments such as VMware and Hyper-V;
• Have excellent knowledge of Windows Server Environments, from Server 2003 – 2016, including OS build, AD, DNS, DHCP and GP from design to implementation and support;
• Have good general knowledge of Networking Technologies including load balancing and firewalls;
• Have good general knowledge of Microsoft Stack technologies such as MS SQL, MS System Centre, Office365, MS Exchange & CLI tooling such as PowerShell;
• Have good general knowledge of SAN Storage Technologies;
• Have excellent analysis and problem solving skills, taking ownership of complex incidents ensuring these are resolved to the satisfaction of the customer;
• Possess excellent communication skills;
• Have experience of producing and updating technical documentation to a high standard;
• Be experienced working within ITIL framework particularly around change control.