Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos UK & Europe, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
Working within the multi-disciplinary IDENT1 UK TechOps team you will be immersed in the Home Office Biometrics (HOB) programme currently undergoing transformation of the UK’s biometrics platform to cloud. On behalf of our central government customer, you will have direct impact on the current and future iterations of one of our most important pieces of critical national infrastructure.
TechOps Analysts are expected to support and maintain the IDENT1 system and any of its sub-systems within, housed at both primary and secondary sites and comprising of physical or virtual hardware either on-premises or eventually provisioned as cloud services, software, network services and data storage through both Business as Usual (BAU) and Project work.
As well as being technically proficient, TechOps Analyst also require excellent team motivational and customer relation skills, being prepared to take the lead on projects, show task ownership and be willing to provide a full “end to end” service for fault resolution. Engineers will manage set-up, configuration and fault finding of key infrastructure ensuring that systems are working efficiently and to the correct specification.
The service is a 24/7 operation and although this role operates in core hours, individuals will on rare occasion need to be flexible in working patterns to support out of hours work.
On-call support (with additional payment) is shared on a rotational basis between the TechOps team and will be a mandatory part of this role once adequate training has been provided.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Support and maintain BAU of the IDENT1 system and any of its sub-systems.
- Resolve any system issues (ITIL Incident, Problem & Change management)
- Review of incidents:
- Investigate and resolve escalated incidents and service requests within allocated SLA target time
- Perform trend analysis of incidents for escalation into Problem Management
- Prioritise with guidance from line Manager
- Analysis and resolution of issues:
- Reproduction of problems on Test Beds
- Provide workarounds for the Service Desk (SD) and Technical Operations (TechOps)
- Open problems/defects defining issues where software/hardware changes are required
- Involvement in Continuous Service Improvement (CSI) process
- Provide sufficient details of issues and examples as needed to US Operations Maintenance
- Maintain and improve the IDENT1 system including:
- To assist in solving existing software / implementation problems.
- To create new software and hardware tools.
- To actively search out errors or faults before they impact operations.
- To maintain and improve system procedures and documentation
- To maintain and improve the implementation of the COTS products
- Install / assist with installation of software.
- Implement new technology within the project.
- System Monitoring:
- Monitoring of the system using E-Health, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Custom monitoring scripts
- Ad-hoc system monitoring
- Recommend and help develop new monitoring capabilities through CSI process
- Support the following sub systems: Live Scan, Biometric Search Gateway (BSG), and Custody Interface (NSPIS)
- Support the following OS: Linux (SuSE), UNIX (SUN Solaris), Windows
- Support the following Integrated COTS Software
- Oracle Discoverer
- Identity Manager (IDM)
- Active Directory
- Virtualisation (VMware)
- AWS Cloud
- Procedures & Documentation
- Conversant with ITIL, SLA’s and using LANdesk tool accurately.
- System Tasks
- Housekeeping, routine maintenance, and system cleanup
- Maintain Data Integrity
- Performance monitoring of systems
- Disaster Recovery
- Machine Builds
- Central/Bureau Workstations
- Central/Bureau Server
- Software Releases & Operational System changes
- Evaluating impact to operations
- Review, evaluate, and implement procedures
- Provide training to Operations Teams
- Evaluating impact to operations
- Develop preparation plans and schedule
- Participate in testing
- Support the monthly rollout and deployment
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Familiarity with Technical Operations
- Experience in at least one Integrated COTS Software product (see above)
- Troubleshooting and analytical problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to solve system faults/problems.
- Ability to write shell scripts in C, Bourne, Perl, or similar scripting language
- Experience with Oracle SQL
- Ability to take problems from a customer level to a defect level (root cause).
- Knowledge of Sun Solaris, SuSE Linux, and Windows operating systems
- Ability to present technical solutions to technical and non-technical staff
- Able to work with other Senior Engineering staff.
- Take on new projects with enthusiasm and imagination.
- Willingness to volunteer or chip in when the going gets tough.
- Ability to raise problems, defects, or changes.
- Update and write procedures where appropriate.
- Professional and reliable communication both within and outside team.
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud
- Due to the nature of the project, this role will require having or obtaining an SC clearance
- Must be able to obtain NPPV3 clearance
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.