Salary Range: £70,100 - £92,300 p/a, with potential to increase for truly exceptional performance at assessment
Join a team committed to a Mission...
Leidos is a unique and growing IT company delivering innovative solutions focused on digital transformation. In response to the success of the growing business Leidos requires a number of Solution Architects to support this expansion by helping to create compelling solutions for our existing and future customers. The roles are within the Civil division in the UK focused on Central and Devolved Government, Transport and Air Traffic Management, with the opportunity to work on National Security & Defence roles should you wish to do so in the future.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Our Solution Architects work with our sales professionals and technical SMEs to shape and develop holistic solutions in response to primarily business level requirements, with a cognitive ability to ‘abstract’ and ‘connect the dots’. They have an ability to navigate through loosely defined and complex situations to create crisp and clear outcomes.
As seasoned professionals, they rely on their broad experience across both the business and technical domains, with multiple areas of deep knowledge and experience they bring to bear to create, communicate and deliver holistic technology, service and delivery solutions.
As well as working on new business opportunities our Solution Architects work with external vendors, industry experts and internally with our in-house capability leads to help shape our offerings and capabilities going forward, ensuring we are well prepared to meet our customers now and in the future.
Required Skills and Fit:
The preferred candidate will have the following skills:
- A strong leader. Somebody with organisational acumen and personal presence that inspires confidence and followership both internally and externally.
- The ability to identify and pull together a matrix team of SMEs and domain specialists to create compelling and differentiated solutions, including external vendors and domain specialists.
- Excellent customer facing and pre-sales skills, including being able to ingest large volumes of requirements and information in a competitive environment, developing clear understanding of customer hot-buttons and needs, building rapport with the client and leading teams to create holistic, relevant, durable and elegant solutions demonstrating cognisence, understanding and relevance in response.
- Experience of working in a new business environment, shaping and bidding on large and complex programmes, with an outstanding ability to translate often complex technical environments into coherent and understandable solutions communicated both orally and in the written form, often in highly compressed and customer structured response documents.
- Significant, tangible and demonstrable experience in producing or overseeing solution design of large, complex and mission critical IT systems, services and transformation programmes, with a track record of accomplishment bringing credibility to engagements.
- Demonstrable knowledge and cognisence of adjacent disciplines, including programme management, customer relationship management, business development and financial management - ensuring optimised, holistic, winning and deliverable solutions that delight customers.
- An excellent communicator, ensuring solutions are communicated in relevant, compelling and engaging fashions across written, visual and oral mediums, including up to executive level both with our customers, internal stakeholders and vendors.
- Experience across one or more digital transformation strands including cloud, agile application development and data & analytics
- Strong knowledge of cyber security and its function within modern secure IT systems and services.
- Strong knowledge of service management and the required methodologies required to support your solutions
In addition the successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience and personal characteristics:
- Above all a team player with an ethos of inclusion and empathy, an individual who values people and our mission to improve lives through the use of technology.
- Strong problem-solving with the ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment.
- Strategic thinker, coupled with an output focused approach to getting the job done – particularly in a bid scenario.
- Quick learner with an inquisitive mindset.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation), including the ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to self-manage and work independently, work to tight deadlines, prioritize workloads and work with related business functions.
- Will be required to undergo security clearance (SC level minimum).
Solution Architect candidates may be drawn from a variety of different roles in other organisations, including those with titles such as:
- Account CTO
- Solution Architect
- Pre-Sales Consultant
- Pre-Sales Architect
- Solution Owner
- Solution Director
- Senior Consultant
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.