We currently have a permanent vacancy for a Chief Engineer (CE) with experience leading and directing engineering teams in a fast paced environment. You will have in-depth technology experience and a passion for developing talent. You are capable of building a compelling vision that others are motivated to follow and execute.
D-SESAR (Deploying Single European Sky ATM Research) which is a pan European programme for a unified way to manage aviation. It is a multi-year, multi-phase programme spanning both an operational platform and IT infrastructure delivery, with a focus on reducing the cost of Air Traffic Control (ATC) provision as well as increasing safety and efficiency through improvements to airspace use. At its core is a digital transformation programme, where Leidos is the service integrator – designing, building and incrementally integrating many services
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Qualified and Experienced Chief Engineer with Portfolio/Delivery Engineering Management experience of medium to large size portfolios (£20m – £100m p/a Portfolio), who has a breadth of experience.
Candidates need to have experience of delivering the following within their portfolio experience:
- Enterprise and Solution Architecture
- Software Applications and Complex SW Mission Systems
- Test and Evaluation Services
- ICT Infrastructure
- SW Services (Support, DevOps)
- Full Engineering Life Cycle Management
Candidates also need to have experience showing significant contribution/leadership within the following:
- Business Development Activities/Customer Engagement to shape technical requirements and engineering solutions, including Client side working.
- Significant contribution to Capture and winning new business
- Start-up experience – mobilisation of contracts within complex environments including recruitment
- Engineering Management and leadership of BAU contract phase, including Line management, Developing and delivering On Contract Growth
- Experience of Chief Engineer, CTO or similar role delivery Engineering intervention, problem resolution and RTG planning for Red and at risk programmes within complex environments