Customer Support Analyst
Salary Range: £31,400 - £39,250 p/a, with potential to increase for truly exceptional performance at assessment
Reinvent yourself at Leidos! Uncover your potential by becoming a member of our team...
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Customer Support Engineer/Analyst to join our growing team of IT experts in delivering high quality IT services to our government and commercial customers. We love to work with people who have a passion for infrastructure, ideally from an operational support services background.
You will be self-motivated and be able to work autonomously but be comfortable with asking for support to achieve your goals. You will enjoy working on a variety of activities ensuring compliance with project milestones and customer KPIs and SLAs. You must be an effective communicator, comfortable engaging directly with customers and colleagues. You must also demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to technical challenges.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
We operate a high paced and exciting collaborative working environment where the work you do is normally customer facing and has demonstrable real world impact. As such we value our staff highly and are committed to training, career development and providing opportunities to progress.
You will be providing infrastructure and network support, working on the resolution of complex incidents and problems with support from third and fourth line experts to help you progress and learn as required. The preferred candidate will understand, work with and be keen to learn a variety of technologies such as Linux (Ubuntu / CentOS), Microsoft Windows Server (including services such as AD, DNS, DHCP) and virtualisation (VMWare), Microsoft Stack Technologies (Exchange, SQL Server, Skype for Business), networking technologies and storage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The role also includes providing remote and on-site support. There is also a requirement to provide out of hours on call support. You will be expected to contribute towards the creation and ongoing maintenance of technical documentation. Ideally, you will:
- Have experience in Windows System Administration covering Windows 7, 10 and Server Versions from 2008-2019, including experience in OS build, AD, DNS, DHCP and GPO from design to implementation and support
- Have working knowledge of Virtualized Environments such as VMware
- Have exposure to Linux system administration skills (Ubuntu / CentOS)
- Have good general knowledge of TCP/IP and networking technologies including load balancing and firewalls
- Have good general knowledge of Microsoft stack technologies such as Skype for Business, MS SQL, MS Exchange & CLI tooling such as PowerShell
- Have some background and experience in ITIL functions, principles and processes
- Have general knowledge of storage technologies
- Have excellent analysis and problem solving skills, working to solve complex incidents ensuring these are resolved to the satisfaction of the customer
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Have experience of producing and updating technical documentation to a high standard
- Willingness to pick up and learn administration of bespoke applications;
- Shared on call OOO support
- To be successful and work with our clients you will need to be willing to undergo a high degree of security clearance
- Clearance to Start DV
Clearance for Role DV
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.