Programme Finance Analyst
Salary Range: £39,000 - £49,650 p/a, with potential to increase for truly exceptional performance at assessment
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?..
We are in search of a Programme Finance Analyst to join the team. This role is base din Whiteley, Hampshire.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Reporting to the Programme Financial Control Lead the Programme Financial Analyst is responsible for providing Programme Financial Control and ensuring the integrity of the financials on the programmes. This role will be primarily responsible for supporting programmes in the Defence Portfolio within our National Security and Defence Division, based in the South East of England.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be a key member of Programme Management Team and act as a Finance Business Partner
- Provide highest level of customer service to all customers and stakeholders
- Responsible for the pricing of new business opportunities when required
- Develop, track and update programme baseline including tracking actual costs against baseline, development and overall management of programme Estimate At Complete (EAC)
- Analysis of programme actuals for accuracy, identifying & correcting errors, and communicating issues to Programme Management to prevent future errors
- Responsibility for producing programme financial customer deliverables
- Supporting financial presentation for programme or operational reviews
- Performing both short and long term forecasting for corporate metrics (Awards, Revenue, and Operating Income) at the programme level. Providing commentary on variances and of any financial Risks & Opportunities against financial forecast
- Accountable for programme billing, cash collection, analysis and clearing of unbilled receivables
- Support the validation of awards/bookings, backlog, revenue & operating income
- Provide excellent adhoc support to a wide variety of stakeholders both within the finance leadership team, and within wider operational teams.
- The candidate will be expected to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and to show a degree of flexibility in working hours when required to meet project and finance deadlines
- The successful candidate will take ownership of decisions made
- Project/programme accounting experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Organised and thorough, with attention to detail
- Team player but able to work independently and proactively
- Ability to work effectively across organisations and with multiple locations
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively to complete work assignments
- Good time management with the ability to achieve deadlines
- Capable of operating to tight schedules in a demanding environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Recognised accounting qualification, or studying towards qualification e.g. CIMA
- SC clearance desirable
- Pricing/Cost Estimating experience
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.