Finance Planning & Analysis Manager
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?..
Leidos Europe is looking for an Finance Planning & Analysis Manger to join their Commercial, Legal and Finance (CLF) team to cover maternity leave.
The role will be functionally responsible for supporting the day to day financial elements of operations, management and cost control. Key to this is managing the in-year and 10 year forecast process with annual spend of £400m and measuring the impact of cost saving initiatives delivered on behalf of the customer.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- Working closely with the leadership team, Business Analyst team and Finance Business Partners to formulate the business's medium to long term financial forecast
- Evaluating previous budgets, expenditures to develop and implement future budgets
- Use solid financial knowledge and business acumen to build financial models and analysis with little guidance and draw conclusions and make recommendations that deliver results and drive improvements
- Perform ad-hoc business analysis, and financial modelling. Present recommendations to senior management on strategic decisions, and planned future initiatives.
- Provide detailed analysis and commentary on cost centre results
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls
- Identify and implement opportunities to resolve finance issues, improve, scale, or simplify finance tools, technology, and processes across teams and organisations
- Identify and lead process improvement
- Conduct advanced financial analysis to support ad-hoc requests utilising complex scenario planning
- Translate business strategies, initiatives and projects effectively into financial modelling.
- Excellent logical and problem solving skills.
- Eagerness to learn and understand the business needs
- Preparing business cases to support new investment, strategic and other business decisions
- Provide insights to senior management around financial modelling, forecasts and profitability
- Managing a team of Finance Analysts.
- Support implementation of financial policies, procedures, internal controls, and processes for all finance functions
- Coordination of financial elements of Service and Cost Performance measures being implemented under the subsidiary including programme and site level financials and reporting by Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) under the LCST contract and any subsequent Leidos Europe contracts
- Ensure the cost associated with ‘options’ i.e. work scope contracted over and above the baseline contract, is collected, appropriately allocated and monitored within limits of liability
- Provide financial support to both Functional and Logistics organisations, and contribute to achieving the organisation’s goals and objectives
- Assist with developing the planning, tracking analysis, and reporting under the program including annual planning cycles, budget development, forecast of expenditures, and variance analysis and reporting
- Assist with establishing, maintaining and reporting Estimates at Completion (EACs) in compliance with Leidos policies and procedures, particularly in relation to ‘options’ subject to limits of liability
- Assisting with the establishment and maintenance of cost baselines; related variance analyses; and preparation of written and verbal reports to management regarding cost variances
Skills and Attributes Required:
- Qualified or Part Qualified (ACCA, CA, CIMA or ICAS) with more than 5 years relevant finance/corporate finance experience
- Previous experience in FP&A/financial modelling and data visualisation experience
- Excellent logical, analytical and conceptual skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and/or SQL, VBA, Microsoft Access, and e.g. Oracle Financials, Cognos
- Proven expertise managing, evaluating, analysing data quickly and creating meaningful business reporting; with excellent distillation and synthesis of information
- Excellent presentation skills – translating financial information into a succinct message
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to synthesise complex topics into a clear story with recommendations
- Very comfortable with ambiguity and excels at bringing clarity and structure
- Bias for action
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.