Software Engineer / Cloud and DevOps Lead
Level - T4 - with potential to increase for truly exceptional performance at assessment
UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
You will be part of a cloud development team able to develop, support and maintain a system of critical national infrastructure adhering to engineering governance and best practice. You will be highly technical in nature with a view to maintaining and developing cloud infrastructure, applications or components in the development, test and live environments
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- System/Software design experience
- Software development experience in one or more of the following
- High level languages: Python, Java, C/C+, etc.
- IaC languages Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- System/Software test experience (ideally test automation)
- Configuration management tooling experience
- Working in an agile environment
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE;
- Knowledge of DevOps and build pipelines.
- Cloud infrastructure: AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Virtualisation: HyperV or VMWare/ IAM / AAA
- Secrets Management and cryptography
- Security and service Management
Clearance to start BPSS
Clearance for Role SC / NPPV3
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.