SUMMARY: Under direct supervision, learns & performs a wide variety of technical duties within the Engineering & Field Service departments whilst attending collage day release to obtain an NVQ Level 3 in Electronic Engineering. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To complete a programme of training to be conducted within the Engineering, Tech Support, and Field Service departments.
- To assist & become proficient in the build and testing of critical infrastructure Security & Detection Systems.
- To be competent in the use of Test Equipment ( DVM, Radiation meters and PAC tester).
- To attend internal product training.
- To assist in the repair & maintenance of Security & Detection Systems within Field Service.
- Attendance at college on a day release basis leading to recognised NVQ Level 3 qualification in Electronic Engineering.
- Carrying out such tasks and duties as directed by the Technical Manager / Departmental Supervisor that are calculated to contribute to the requisite levels of performance and competence.
In agreement with the Technical Manager / Departmental Supervisors, the job holder will be required to attend and complete a nationally recognised NVQ Level 3 training course. This will involve attendance at local educational establishments, on a “day release”, basis. This day release will form one of the 5 working days per week for this role, 40 hours per week.
OTHER RELATED ACTIVITIES AND ACTIONS:
To assist with technical duties in other Engineering departments, if requested by the Technical Manager, in liaison with the Departmental Supervisor, due to variations in workload, staff shortages or re-organisation.
BASIC TERMS & CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
There will be an entitlement to 25 days Holiday plus Bank holidays .
A company car or car expenses will be made available to the Apprentice, a company car will be subject to approval by the company insurers and use of a private car will be subject to business use insurance being in place as well as a clean, full driving license