We currently have a vacancy for a Product Manager in our Air Traffic Management portfolio working on the Intelligent Approach product. This is an exciting opportunity to manage a product with a ground-breaking roadmap and a pipeline of international work. The successful candidate will be responsible for the continued development of a desirable and maintainable product that meet customer needs in a changing market. The successful candidate will set the direction for the engineering team and support them to build and deliver new features.
- Be responsible for the development of the Leidos IA Product Road Map and collaborate with NATS, our subject matter expert partner, to implement a total IA Product Roadmap
- Understand and advocate the customer needs to stakeholders across the organisation
- Coordinate the activities of product owners, engineering managers, engineers and system architect to develop the product by building new features and integrate these seamlessly with the IA product
- In conjunction with NATS manage and prioritise the product backlog to deliver value to the customer
- Collaborate with customers throughout the development and support life cycle and in conjunction with the NATS Product Manager be the focal point for discussion on the product future
- Support Marketing, Business Development and Capture of new opportunities
- Gain an understanding of other IA type products in the industry
- Work with and understand potential suppliers who can offer products and services that can enhance the IA product.
- Occasional attendance at conferences and Trade shows will be required
- Support and help facilitate customer steering groups.
- Previous product, project or technical management experience
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to provide clear direction
- Experience of the complete project life cycle from bid through to operational delivery
- Ability to build effective working relationships with the team as well as with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication through the use of e-mail, presentations and reports
- A good commercial and financial understanding of product development, implementation and support
- Experience with Agile practices such as Scrum and Scaled Agile
- Knowledge of the Air Traffic Management and Airport domains
A Leidos heritage companies pioneered the development of air traffic control systems in the United States more than 50 years ago. Today our systems handle 75 per cent of the air traffic in the U.S. and approximately 60 per cent of the world’s air traffic. When it comes to air traffic safety and efficiency, our proven track record and industry-leading innovations make us one of the world’s most trusted air traffic control partner.
Our support to UK Air Traffic Management (ATM) began with NATS in the early 1990’s, starting with the development of the current in-service system; and we are now at the heart of the innovative development work to modernise of ATM solutions.
Since 2015 we have worked with NATS in the development of the world’s first Intelligent Approach (IA) system that maximises landing efficiency in all weather conditions, initially for Heathrow Airport, but now for other commercial customers both within the UK and internationally.
For more information on IA please see the following link: https://www.intelligentapproach.aero/
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.