SENIOR INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
We are urgently seeking an exceptional candidate to perform the role of Senior Infrastructure Engineer within our Special Projects Division. This permanent position is based within the West Midlands.
This is a security cleared role, successful applications must be prepared to undergo a security clearing process. Further details to be provided upon application.
- Consult with customers and colleagues to design, develop and enhance infrastructure solutions in order to create efficient business systems;
- Provide infrastructure advice and services to our customer, ensuring compliance with best practices and industry standards;
- Respond to user and customer requests for changes to systems and infrastructure to meet business needs, following ITIL change principles or equivalent methodology;
- Act as a technical escalation point for infrastructure team to enable efficient operation and problem resolution of customer IT infrastructure; Maintain, and enhance systems procedures and produce consistent high quality documentation to ensure the customer site and systems are fully documented;
- Drive adoption of key engineering best practices, supporting team members to improve quality, efficiency and reliability of deliverables;
- Provide technical and business mentoring, coaching and help to develop the team.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Understanding of ITIL 3/4 IT service management framework and functions;
- Exemplar approach to engagements with customers, colleagues and partners;
- Ability to operate in highly complex environments, preferably with managed service and professional services experience;
- Expert level infrastructure systems experience, including server, storage, network and applications;
- VoIP and Unified Communications an advantage;
- Knowledge of information security principles a must;
- Strong communication and report writing skills;
- Ability to adapt effectively to changing circumstances;
- Good knowledge of appropriate business language and the ability to present ideas effectively;
- Understand change management and demonstrated knowledge of business analysis;
- DevOps experience desirable;
- Agile experience desirable.
If you think you’ve got the extraordinary enthusiasm and experience to succeed in this position and become one of our industry experts, then we would love to hear from you.
Working with Leidos you can expect a competitive salary and comprehensive range of benefits. We are a growing business, and as such there are excellent opportunities for personal and professional development.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.