Graduate Finance Analyst
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?..
Leidos Europe is looking for a Graduate Finance Analyst to join the UK team based in Bristol. Leidos works closely with its customers to provide ongoing support and services to multiple public sector organisations. This role is primarily concerned with Leidos Europe’s largest contract, which supports the UK MoD’s procurement, storage and distribution activities.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The role offers the opportunity to work on cross functional teams; interfacing with, Programme Management, Scheduling, Distribution and Procurement Cost Management, Accounting and Financial Planning & Analysis.
The individual will need to demonstrate enthusiasm, determination, an ability to build productive relationships across diverse skillsets and ultimately will need to deliver on time and to a high quality in a fast paced dynamic environment. It is important that the individual has a ‘team player’ mind-set, as sharing knowledge with existing members of the highly skilled Finance Team will be critical to success. Opportunities for professional development with external accreditations are also available for further career development.
- Act as the primary interface between HR and Finance to ensure:
- Accurate forecasting of labour
- Accurate forecasting of FTE
- Accurate timesheet bookings
- Support with on-boarding/hiring process advising of budget availability
- Support Control Account Managers (CAM’s) providing monthly labour actual reporting and producing labour forecasts
- Full planning cycle finance analyst support for a limited scope of Leidos Defence contracts
- Support financial Estimates At Complete (EAC) in collaboration with cross-functional subject matter experts to support regular reporting and presentations to Senior Leadership
- Extracting data and compiling performance reports while assisting with preparing variance analyses
- Evaluate the potential impact of Risks and Opportunities and support operational teams to identify and implement mitigation plans driving profitability.
- Drive consistency and standardisation across the wider Leidos Finance Team, ensuring compliance to Leidos standards and requirements
- Support the development of performance metrics and management information for use by programme leadership team
- Creation of labour forecasting for both in year and outer contract forecasting.
- Posting of journal entries working with payroll and company accountant
Required Skills and Experience:
- Degree in subject areas covering Mathematics, Economics, Accounting or Finance preferred
- Business (Finance) Acumen
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- IT proficient (MS Office)
- Experience with Financial Modelling using Excel
- Experience with Data Analysis with large data sets
- Experience with SQL querying desirable not essential
- Experience with tools similar to COBRA or Primavera desirable not essential
- An intent to qualify with a professional body (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
A Background in Mathematics, Modelling, Economics, Business or Finance is preferred. The successful candidate will be from a multi-disciplinary background with a proven track record of having demonstrated the key competences listed above.
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.